Tuesday, April 27, 2010

In Response to Montaigne

I too savored the unique metaphors and descriptive sentences. I particularly favored how Death continually interchanged his sense. He could see words and see music. Why not us unorthodox descriptive words. It gave these scenes more meaning as it punctuated the importance of said words and music. If the sound is powerful enough and we let our mind relax, words and notes can be witnessed spewing out of the conductor. I also liked how Death always took time to describe the sky. He used odd nouns to describe the heavens, "There are skies manufactured by people, punctured and leaking, and there are soft, coal-colored clouds, beating like black hearts". The simple uniqueness of that sentence astonishes me and every time I peruse it, a slightly different image or felling overwhelms me. Who would honestly portray the sky as being manufactured by people and punctured and leaking? Death of course, only Death would see the world in such a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment